CARB Warranty Statement
CATALYTIC CONVERTER LIMITED WARRANTY:
Limited Warranty: The manufacturer warrants that this catalytic converter is free from defects in materials and workmanship subject to the exclusions set forth below. This catalytic converter has been designed to meet the emission requirements specified by the California Air Resources Board for a period of 5 years or 50,000 miles from the date of installation. The manufacturer warrants that the external shell, including end pipes, shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years or 50,000 miles from the date of installation, whichever occurs first. At the conclusion of 5 years or 50,000 miles whichever comes first all liability under this limited warranty shall terminate.
Failures or defects caused by the following conditions are not covered by this warranty:
- Improper installation of this converter on a vehicle that this converter is not cataloged.
- Failure to maintain the vehicle in an operating condition that meets the original vehicle manufactures specifications.
- The use of a fuel containing lead.
- Damage due to misuse, accidents or objects striking the converter.
- The use of non-CARB approved or modified parts that affect the emissions system.
If the catalytic converter is defective Eastern Catalytic, Inc. will replace any such defective converter provided that it is returned to an authorized dealer along with the proof of purchase and properly completed warranty certificate.
- The manufacturer will cover the full replacement cost including parts and labor for any such defective converter provided that it is returned to an authorized dealer along with the proof of purchase and a properly completed warranty certificate.
- If the warranty claim relates to emission performance, proof of failure of an emission test or MIL light should be provided. In addition the purchaser may have to provide proof that the vehicle was maintained to the original manufactures specifications.
The above limits apply to converters Manufactured by Eastern Catalytic, Inc. and used in the State of California. You may have other rights in the state of California.
Catalytic Converter Limited Warranty Registration